TORiSAN (Sanyo) CD-ROM drive...

Post by Mr. Fasteno » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
I have a P100 running RedHat 5.1, with kernel 2.0.34.  I am having a problem
with glint, which is a package management tool for X.  The problem I was
having is that the program would start scanning the CD-ROM for packages,
then the whole program would just close.  The CD-ROM would be fine, and I
could access it later.  I just got an update for glint from the RH web page,
and now it will not show the progress of the package scanning, and the
CD-ROM access light will stay on and I am unable to access the CD-ROM drive
until I either reboot or (obviously) shut down.  Any ideas?  I have a
TORiSAN (Which is the Japanese version of Sanyo, as far as I can tell) 6x
CD-ROM drive.  I am using duplicate discs, but the originals had the same
problem with the closing of the program.  Anyway, I am almost positive the
CD-ROM is set up fine, as I have Win95 on the machine and it works fine, and
used the same CD-ROM to load Linux.  I also checked all of the connections.
All are fine.  Please email me with any ideas you have.

Thanks in advance,
-Aaron

1. Installing on Gateway w/ Torisan Sanyo CD-ROM

In the next couple of days I will be trying to install Linux
(probably Caldera) on my new Gateway P5-120.  It has one of
those troublesome Sanyo Torisan 3disk CD-ROM readers.  I'm
certain that this will cause problems since I'm already stuck
in trying to install OS/2.  If you happen to know of any
special drivers for Linux installation please send me Email.
As a sidebar if anyone knows of driver requirements for OS/2,
NT and Win95 I'd appreciate some info on that too.  Yes,  I'm
trying to load a bunch of Operating Systems on this machine!

Thanks.

Robert Barron

2. Connecting to Provider's Terminal Server w/PPP

3. Sanyo Torisan 3 Disk CD Drive and Mandrake 6.1

4. Enlightenment question

5. Torisan CD-ROM Drive.

6. vi editor FAQ (Frequently Asked Question List), Part 1/2

7. ATAPI CD: Torisan/Sanyo triple tray CD "hdc: media changed ...unknown partition table"

8. xfstt problem

9. Sanyo IDE CD-Rom drive on Linux 1.1.59

10. Sanyo 4X CD-ROM SCSI drives

11. Gateway 3 tray CD Changer: Sanyo/Torisan

12. TORiSAN 24x CD-ROM + Linux

13. TORISAN AT-API CD-ROM Changer and LINUX