Not sound with an Opti 924-Card

Post by Claus M lle » Sat, 24 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm a new Linux user (SuSE 6.1, Kernel 2.2.5) and have big difficulties
to get sound with my Opti 924 card. I suppose that I tryed all advices I
could get in the howto's, documentation files and the handbook. All
failed. There was also no succes using the free version off OSS or the
ALSA 3.01- soundriver tools. I upgrade my isapnp- tools, no automatical
ISA-PNP configuration was possibel, so that I configured it with the
DOS- setting. While booting the ISA- card is recognised successfully.
Configuring my kernel to load modules for sound devices never showed me
any devices with cat /dev/sndstst. lsmod showes loaded modules. My
conf.modules I configured also. But never there was any sound to hear. I
tested volume settings ond so on ...I don't know, what I can do else to
get sound under Linux. My soundcard functions properly under DOS und
other platforms. Maybe I loaded the wrong modules (I used advices from
an Opti931 - card) maybe to much or to less modules. Does anyone know
what's wrong. Best would be If anyone has the same soundcard as I do,
and one can tell me how he could get sound under Linux with his card.

Please help me!

Thanks

Claus

1. OPTi 924 PnP sound card (Trust 3D) setup

Has anybody managed to get an OPTi 924 PnP sound card configured and
running under Linux (without using DOS/Windoze to initialise it) yet?

I got isapnptools 1.3 to experiment with, but I don't have enough info
about the internals of the card to make a sensible stab at producing a
suitable config file for isapnp...

If anybody's interested I could post the output from pnpdump...

--
.. Rick Hewett.
(Garibaldi is tired, and Lennier is being enthusiastic.)

2. How do I make a circular pipe?

3. Sound cards with OPTI 924/931 chips

4. KDE2 updates for Mandrake 7.2

5. Opti 924 sound card with 2.2.0

6. TCP/IP client/server code examples.

7. Q: MAD 16(PnP) sound card (chip: opti 924)

8. Best Free Unix?

9. OPTI 924 sound card

10. MAD16 (OpTi *924) support?

11. Opti 924 - any ideas