Redhat 8, ALSA, ALi 1671 and Realtek AC97

Redhat 8, ALSA, ALi 1671 and Realtek AC97

Post by Count Blackot » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:08:28

Hi!

I haven't managed to get the sound support to work on Redhat 8. The OS
seems to think that I have an ALi sound card (M5451), but instead I have
a Realtek AC-97 ALC201 audio controller integrated in ALi 1671/1535+
core logic (HP Omnibook vt6200).

The ALSA offers AC97 support for Intel and VIA chipsets, but not for ALi
1671. Has anyone got any sound out of vt6200?

TIA
-Count d.

Redhat 8, ALSA, ALi 1671 and Realtek AC97

Post by Giorgio West » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:57:25

Hi,

I found the following on HP's forum webpage (search for forum, then
vt6200 sound):

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x24decdec06f1d6119005...

It did not solve my problem (sound on a vt6200), but the guy that
posted there says sound on his vt6200 works fine now.
If you try installing the driver, and it works, an you please post
which configuration you are running (kernel release).

Good luck,
giorgio