Alpha 166 && Linux Please Help!

Post by Frank Sweetse » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I just bought a used Alpha 166, not sure of the model, the stamp says made
> in
> march of '95.  Has a 340 meg SCSI HD and it boots to some firmware menu, I
> can't foor the life of me figure out how to get it to boot off of a disk so
> that I can
> install Linux, please whatever help you might be able to offer is so
> greatly appreciated!!!!

is it a little thing, about the size of a small pizza box?  if so, it's
probably a noname udb, aka multia.  check out the installation guide at
www.redhat.com, they've got some pretty good docs on setting up the
firmware for installation.

paramount.res.wpi.net RH 5.0 kernel 2.0.33/2.1.80p4 i586 | at public servers
Coach: How's a beer sound, Norm?
Norm:  I dunno.  I usually finish them before they get a word in.
                -- Cheers, Fortune and Men's Weights

Alpha 166 && Linux Please Help!

Post by Todd Richer » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I just bought a used Alpha 166, not sure of the model, the stamp says made
in
march of '95.  Has a 340 meg SCSI HD and it boots to some firmware menu, I
can't foor the life of me figure out how to get it to boot off of a disk so
that I can
install Linux, please whatever help you might be able to offer is so
greatly appreciated!!!!

Todd Richert

1. Alpha 166 && Linux Please Help

I just bought a used Alpha 166, not sure of the model, the stamp says made
in
march of '95.  Has a 340 meg SCSI HD and it boots to some firmware menu, I
can't foor the life of me figure out how to get it to boot off of a disk so
that I can
install Linux, please whatever help you might be able to offer is so
greatly appreciated!!!!

Todd Richert

2. X-windows and ASUS

3. Shuttle 557 & 6x86 166: winos2 breaks & Xwindows dies.

4. apm and hotplugging

6. Boot screen problem,,,,,

8. Cable Modem Hell. Multi-Class routing

9. 没有人用中文吗?

10. &&&&&& NEEED HELP COMPAQ AND XXXXXXXXXXX

11. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

12. Gateway 2000 P5 166 & Linux

13. HELP Alpha AXP 150 vs. 166?