linux kernel 2.2.12 and DAC-960

Post by aaron conol » Tue, 08 May 2001 05:20:55

I am running a redhat 6.1 box on an Intergraph Interserve (Integraph?!?!
I know they stopped making computers) with dual Pentium Pro 133 mHz
processors and a 3-channel Mylex DAC960 pci firmware 1.x. I haven't been
able to make either mandrake, debian or redhat see the Mylex, so I just
used the onboard Adaptec card. However, I just got in a few 4.3 gb
drives and I wanted to take linux off the 2 gig drive and throw it on
the Mylex card. I still can't get any distro to see the card. I've even
looked at the drivers and can't find anything to help me. The card is
registered as being busy so the kernel can't grab it. Any fixes? Anyone
else heard of this problem?

linux kernel 2.2.12 and DAC-960

Post by Steve Wolf » Wed, 09 May 2001 02:31:56

Quote:> I am running a redhat 6.1 box on an Intergraph Interserve (Integraph?!?!
> I know they stopped making computers) with dual Pentium Pro 133 mHz
> processors and a 3-channel Mylex DAC960 pci firmware 1.x. I haven't been
> able to make either mandrake, debian or redhat see the Mylex, so I just
> used the onboard Adaptec card. However, I just got in a few 4.3 gb
> drives and I wanted to take linux off the 2 gig drive and throw it on
> the Mylex card. I still can't get any distro to see the card. I've even
> looked at the drivers and can't find anything to help me. The card is
> registered as being busy so the kernel can't grab it. Any fixes? Anyone
> else heard of this problem?

   Once you have Linux running on the machine, then try one of the newer
kernels (either 2.2.19 or 2.4.3), and see if the DAC960 driver in it will
"see" your card.  if it will, then it's possible to migrate your
installation over to the RAID array.  If you need pointers on it, feel
free to email sdw *at* codon *dot* com .

steve

1. Linux Driver for Mylex DAC-960 SCSI controller

Mylex DAC-960 seems to be a pretty popular SCSI controller for servers.
Unfortunately, there seems to be no Linux driver for it. Does anybody
know of a Linux driver for this card?  (anything under development ?)

I have a server with Windows NT installed but I am unable to get Linux
working with that card. Any suggestions for a server-class SCSI
controller for Linux ?

--
<<<<-------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>
                              Vijay Moorthy

2. Motorola MobileSurfer 56k supported?

3. Mylex DAC-960 RAID - Walnut Creek

4. Command To Find file Size In Bytes

5. AcerAltos RDM,Sco5.0.4 and Mylex DAC-960 RAID Controller problems.

6. Any experience with a NEC301 SCSI CD-ROM changer?

7. Upgrading kernel 2.2.12 to kernel 2.2.16, keeping same options

8. faxspool error

9. Linux Kernel Modules 2.2.12 question

10. MTD/JFFS and Flash 28F640 on Linux kernel 2.2.12

11. Access kernel memory in my driver of Linux 2.2.12/2.4?

12. MASQ'ing a PPTP server with a Linux firewall (Kernel 2.2.12)

13. How to access kernel memory in my driver of Linux 2.2.12/2.4.x?