problem of using 3Com 3c5x9 combo card for Slackware 96

problem of using 3Com 3c5x9 combo card for Slackware 96

Post by Peter L » Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I have installed Linux Slackware 96 in my machine with a 3Com 3c5x9 combo
card. I have sucessfully setting the IP and related info in my machine.
When my machine boot up, it can ping outside machine and outside machine can
ping my machine. However, after sometime, I have found that my machine cannot
reach outside and vice versa!!

I use autoprobing of my card although it warns it only works reliabilby in
EISA version but It works and it can find my card's IRQ and port. Does this
matter??

Pls give me some advice!! Thanks in advance!!

[Pls cc an e-mail to me when posting to the group]

Best Rgds
Peter Luk

1. Problem of using 3Com 3c5x9 Combo card with Slackware 96

Hello,

I have installed Linux Slackware 96 in my machine with a 3Com 3c5x9 combo
card. I have sucessfully setting the IP and related info in my machine.
When my machine boot up, it can ping outside machine and outside machine can
ping my machine. However, after sometime, I have found that my machine cannot
reach outside and vice versa!!

I use autoprobing of my card although it warns it only works reliabilby in
EISA version but It works and it can find my card's IRQ and port. Does this
matter??

Pls give me some advice!! Thanks in advance!!

[Pls cc an e-mail to me when posting to the group]

Best Rgds
Peter Luk

2. output of Cron jobs

3. problem of 3Com 3c5x9 combo with Linux Slackware 96

4. installing kde from tarballs

5. PPP Problem using Slackware 96

6. ISP: Question*Important*

7. Installation problem using slackware-96 & IBM ThinkPad560

8. using NAT Router, can't block gmail, can I use Linux box instaed of NAT Router?

9. Problems using su - with Slackware 96

10. 3com 3c5x9 ethernet card

11. 3Com 3C5X9 cards.

12. Linux can't find my 3Com PCI 3c5x9 Network Card

13. 3com 3c5x9 card with Linux?