STB Velocity 3D Video card

Post by al-ma » Thu, 21 Nov 1996 04:00:00

hey,

anyone using STB Systems, Inc Velocity 3D pci video card?

it sounds appealing:  Using S3 Virge chip, with 3d hardware
acceleration, mpeg-1 & mpeg-2 hardware acceleration, and comes
with 4meg of VRAM on board.  Besy buy has it on sale for $199

Is this a steal or a bad card?

al-man

1. STB Velocity 3D Video and OpenServer 5

        I've just gotten my hands on a 4Meg PCI Video card that kicks butt on
Win95 and I would like to try using it in Xwindows. The only display type
that I can get going is IBM VGA. Does anyone know about the card? I've
e-mailed the company and haven't gotten a response from them yet. At least
if they would give me a compatiblity list, anything!

Thanks for the time.--

Kirk Gardner
Richter Systems International

Snail Mail: 2 Place Alexis Nihon
                 Montreal, Quebec
                 H3Z 3C2

2. nslookup question

3. STB Velocity 128 3D Video driver

4. i386 W^X support

5. STB Velocity 3D (ViRGE) Video under XF 4.0.1

6. iptables beginners query

7. STB Velocity 128 3D Video driver

8. Trouble compiling 2.2 kernel

9. Need help with STB Velocity 3D S3 Virge 3D chipset

10. Anyone running an STB Velocity 3d Card successfully?

11. STB Velocity 128 Video Card

12. STB Velocity 128 8MB video card?

13. STB Velocity 128 AGP Video card supported?