Need Help with CDROM

Post by Jill Franci » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello. I am having trouble with Linux (Slackware version 3.1). It can't
seem to find my cdrom drive. I have tried two different boot disks,
(Both of which don't work) sbpcd.i and bare.i. Here are my computer
specifics, if any more info is needed, let me know:
        Creative Labs CD-Rom 8 speed  (windows 95 calls it a CD820E
1v78c9108)
        Pentium 90 with 32M RAM
        2.6 gig drive using OS/2 boot manager (Win95 and Linux are only
options)
        AWE 32 Sound Card (came with CD-ROM drive in a multimedia kit)

Any help is greatly apprieciated.

Thanks,
Jill Francis, KC5OJK

Web page: http://www.the-server.com/members/kc5ojk/

Need Help with CDROM

Post by gods » Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Hello. I am having trouble with Linux (Slackware version 3.1). It can't
> seem to find my cdrom drive. I have tried two different boot disks,
> (Both of which don't work) sbpcd.i and bare.i. Here are my computer
> specifics, if any more info is needed, let me know:
>         Creative Labs CD-Rom 8 speed  (windows 95 calls it a CD820E
> 1v78c9108)
>         Pentium 90 with 32M RAM
>         2.6 gig drive using OS/2 boot manager (Win95 and Linux are only
> options)
>         AWE 32 Sound Card (came with CD-ROM drive in a multimedia kit)

> Any help is greatly apprieciated.

I had this problem. I ran "dmesg | more" which dumps the log messages
from the initialization. Sure enough, my CDROM was on /dev/hdc.

All you do then is run "mkdir /mnt/cdrom", and then run
"mount -r /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom". That fixed it for me. It may work
for you if your CDROM is an ATAPI CDROM on an IDE interface.

Cheers, Jay

1. Newby need help finding CDROM drive

Hi,

Solaris 7 on a p200 intel box

Every time i try to open the cdrom the system hans for 30 seconds then
gives this error:

timeout, target=0 lun=0atapi_start_cmd: drive select failed
Can anyone tell me how to correct this.
The CDROM is a creative 24x model no CD2422E

thanks
peter

2. Enabling SSI for .htm and .html via .htaccess

3. Need Help Installing CDROM?

4. stty erase question

5. Need help with CDROM on 2nd IDE port

6. Weird template instantiation error - any gurus have ideas?

7. need help with CDROM and modem-have mercy

8. Bell Technologies Phone # Wanted

9. need help w/CDROM

10. Need help configuring cdrom

11. Need help with CDROM drive

12. Newbie needs help with CdRom. Please!

13. Need help with CDROM drive