Help Installing a Trust IDE CD-Rom (NEC 160)

Help Installing a Trust IDE CD-Rom (NEC 160)

Post by Martin Moerm » Mon, 26 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hello all,

How can I instal a CD-Rom drive which is NEC 160 compatible on my
linux machine (1.2.1).. Which drivers are needed and what to do ???

1. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM (Gateway IDE CD-ROM)

Has anyone had success with the alpha CDR-260 driver on sunsite?  I
tried patching and compiling on both 1.0.9 and 1.1.18 sources
(slackware) and while both patched and compiled, neither could accesss
the CD.  I tried a cat /dev/idecd (which I created according to the
insructions) and it gave me an I/O error.

If anyone has made this work, please mail me.  (Include kernal
version).  I'll summarize if there is interest.

IBM stands for "Inferior But Marketable"

2. Connection to X server lost

3. NEC IDE CD-ROM + new IDE/CDROM driver

4. Need (!?!) Info on Line Disciplines

5. KDS monitor anyone?

6. NEC 260 IDE CD-ROM HELP.........

7. Samba on solaris, access from NT/2000

8. HELP with CD-ROM NEC 260 IDE

9. NEC CD-AT 160 SCSI Hostadapter

10. Linux Yggdrasil & Trust IDE CD-ROM

11. Help: Slack install problem using NEC 4xi cd-rom drive

12. HELP, please:SCSI NEC CD-ROM not seen for install