maestro 32/96 - working anywhow,anywhere?

maestro 32/96 - working anywhow,anywhere?

Post by Oliver Wissdor » Fri, 12 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello everybody,
I have a Terratec Maestro 32/96 Sound-System (isa-Plug and Pray, but
this is not the problem) and I am not able to run it under Linux. I am
using kernel 2.0.35 and none of the included drivers is working ( it is
told that this card should be 100% Soundblaster compatible, but it is a
lie - I tried all combinations). Can anybody tell me what to do with
this problem, without writing an own driver?
I would be very pleased about one mail filled with a lot of wisdom
according to this problem.
Bye to all

Oli

maestro 32/96 - working anywhow,anywhere?

Post by Andreas Hofman » Fri, 12 Feb 1999 04:00:00

try the cs4232 sound driver. it should detect the Maestro card without the
need of further plug'n'play software like isapnp etc.
Andreas
Oliver Wissdorf schrieb in Nachricht

Quote:>Hello everybody,

Post by A. Gabe » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Hello everybody,
> I have a Terratec Maestro 32/96 Sound-System (isa-Plug and Pray, but
> this is not the problem) and I am not able to run it under Linux. I am
> using kernel 2.0.35 and none of the included drivers is working ( it is
> told that this card should be 100% Soundblaster compatible, but it is a
> lie - I tried all combinations). Can anybody tell me what to do with
> this problem, without writing an own driver?
> I would be very pleased about one mail filled with a lot of wisdom
> according to this problem.
> Bye to all

> Oli

Hello Oliver,

i use a Terratec Maestro 32/96 Sound-System with a kernel 2.0.30. Here is
what i did to get it running:
 (- configure sound as module)
Configuring Sound as:
 - use OPL3 Syth
 - use Crystal Soundcard entry (cs4232) with
   + io 534 (default value)
   + irq 11
   + dma 0,3
   + use defaults for other settings
PNP:
 - run pnpdump to generate a conf file
 - change settings in conf file according to soundcard specifications above
 - run isapnp with conf file
TEST:
 - insmod sound

That was it. I'm shure this is not the best solution,
but it works fairly good (didn't try mp3's yet)

fun and games on your birthday
AG

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

1. Terratec Maestro 32/96 - can't get sound to work

Hi !

I have spent a massive amount of time on getting a Terratec Maestro
32/96 to work under Linux. Theoretically it supports several
emulations, but it appears none of them works properly.

I tried the following kernels:
- - 2.0.30 - suse patched
- - 2.0.30 (generic)
- - 2.0.33 (generic)
- - 2.0.33 (bugfixed)

with
- - generic
- - OSSfree 4 Linux (38s9)
as the sound driver

using
- - SoundBlaster
- - Crystal CS4232
emulation

and compiled it as
- - module
- - fixed into the kernel

I also tweaked around with all the parameters (it is a PnP card, Linux
doesn't touch anything like isapnp config tools or anything and I took
exactly the parameters Windows has set).

The result is either a hang at bootup (when compiled into kernel), a
major system crash when inserting the module or no sound (/dev/dsp: no
such device) when trying "doubtworthy" parameters (hey, I was
desperate :-) ).

So if anyone can help I would be VERY VERY VERY pleased. Does anyone
have experience using this card under Linux ?

Thanks in advance,
                Georg

P.S. Please don't send me that mail by Christian Rost again everyone
sent me the last time, we tried it but it didn't work.

- --

http://porter.desy.de/~greve/ - ICQ#10016966
"People who fight may lose. People who do not
fight have already lost." -- Bertolt Brecht

2. Kelvin 64 (PCI) in 32bpp mode?

3. Terratec soundsystem maestro 32/96 and Linux???

4. sendmail config. on gateway sitting in two domains, Help! (AIX 3.2)

5. Problems with Terratec 32/96 Maestro

6. Problem with .htaccess file with NCSA httpd 1.5.1

7. Maestro 32/96

8. HELP with networking

9. terratec maestro 32/96

10. Problems with Sound: Terratec Maestro 32/96

11. linux with Terratec Maestro 32/96

12. Q: Maestro 32/96