Sound record vs RH9/SIS 7012

Post by Rick » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 04:03:11

I have on-board SIS 7012 and RH 9 stock install. I cannot record sound. San
anyone give me some pointer to get sound recording? I also DLed the latest
ALSA and compiled/installed that, but I still couldn't record.

Any and all help appreciated.
--
Rick

Sound record vs RH9/SIS 7012

Post by Robert M. Riches J » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:25:40

> I have on-board SIS 7012 and RH 9 stock install. I cannot record sound. San
> anyone give me some pointer to get sound recording? I also DLed the latest
> ALSA and compiled/installed that, but I still couldn't record.

After you installed ALSA, did you check to make sure the
kernel modules loaded correctly?  Can you play sound?

Have you used a mixer application to set the input/record
channel and unmute everything that needs to be unmuted?  At
least in theory, ALSA defaults to everything muted.

Good luck.

Robert Riches

1. SiS 7012 sound card not working

hi all,
i have a sony vaio with a SiS 7012 sound card which will not work under Red
Hat 8.0.  I tried the driver from the SiS linux driver site, but it spit out
a bunch of errors when i used the install script, and now it says some stuff
when i boot about "blah blah blah.o will taint the kernel" or something. can
anyone help me with this please?

thanks in advance,
Stuart

2. Upgrade from 8 meg -> 20 megs... X no work

3. ECS k7s5a audio sound SiS 735 - 7012

4. ksh: script to auto-increment a # in a file

5. SiS 7012 sound card wont work

6. FTP ratios

7. ECS k7s5a audio sound SiS 735 - 7012

8. Printing problem with an Epson Stylus

9. SIS 7012 audio and SIS 650 grpahic

10. sound SIS 7012(AC97) help

11. SiS 7012 under Red Hat 8.0

12. Asus P4S8X - SiS 7012 audio with C-Media 9739 codec

13. SiS 7012 config Patch for 2.4.20-dj2