Sound problem!

Post by bobbybea » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I'm running Caldera 2.4 with a Intel 810 Sound & Vid chip, I've downloaded
the rpm from
Intel, but still can't get any sound, vid is fine, but only 24 bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby

1. Sound Problem: Sound at very low frequency

Dear all,
I have installed RedHat 7.0 on my machine and tried to configure
the sound using sndconfig.  I chose ES1888 despite the fact
that my card is really ES1788.  The sample that sndconfig
plays for testing is played very clearly.
However, when I try to send any other, higher frequency sample
(such as using mpg123 to play mp3s) the sound is played very
slowly as if the frequency it was played at was much lower than
the sampling frequency.
I try specifying different playback rates but that has no effect.
I also tried other drivers but the problem is still there.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,

Nicolas

2. Where Can I Get/FTP FREE Linux?

3. Sound: Problem with Intel motherboard, onboard sound

4. 3COM PCMCIA Ethernet card?

5. modules not automatically loaded + only have sound for WAV file (sound problem)

6. Winnebago saving big $$ with Linux

7. Sound problems with aesus onboard sound

8. FA: Toshiba LCD LTM04C380K 4-inch VGA TFT

9. Sound problem with Avance Logic Sound 007

10. Sound problems with aesus onboard sound

11. Modem Problems(Help me Please!) Sound Problems too!

12. Charset problem/ Sound problem

13. was sound problem, now kernel building problem