parity vs. non-parity memory ???

Post by Michael Wrig » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I want to add another 16MB of RAM to my PC for running X apps.
I currently have 16MB of parity RAM on a SIMM-SAVER.

Should I buy a 16MB parity or non-parity SIMM?  Any suggestions
on who has the best mail-order prices?

Thanks, Michael

--

NASA/MSFC/ED23          Huntsville AL 35812
(205) 544-1544          FAX: (205) 544-3554

1. Parity vs Non-Parity RAM

Howdy...

I acquired the FreeBSD book from Walnut Creek with 2.1.5 on a CD set. I'm about to build a box to install it in,
and while reading the book, ran across a discussion on the various mother boards to consider. The issue that I'm
currently concerned about has to do with the parity issue. The new mother boards seem to prefer non-parity ram
(which makes absoultely _no_ sense to me, $ aside), but also employ alot of "new" variations of RAM, such as EDO,
etc. Once upon a time I could keep with these variations, but not anymore. Could someone please bring me up to
speed on the stability of FreeBSD in a non-parity system, and how these other RAM solutions fit into the picture?

I hope this is not too far off topic for this group....

Thanx!
-bk

2. Help Needed Please

3. RAM-parity vs non-parity

4. HELP WITH LILO BOOT PLEASE!

5. Parity vs. non-parity for linux ??

6. 5 dollar emails

7. simms: parity/non-parity?

8. NFS install with Sloackware 1.2.X

9. MB accepts parity or non-parity SIMMs, which to choose?

10. help: mix parity /w non parity RAM?

11. Parity chips on non parity MB

12. Non parity memory question

13. panic: non-parity synchronous error