Anyone know how to get a ATI All in Wonder 128 to work with X-Windows?

Anyone know how to get a ATI All in Wonder 128 to work with X-Windows?

Post by Brian Lawso » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I've been doing some research and found at that (I think) the ATI all-in
wonder 128 is not yet supported for X-Windows operations. I was wondering A)
if there was anyone who got this card up and running with X or B) if there
is an alternative that I could use to get into X.

Thanx in advance!

1. Help getting ATI All-in-Wonder 128 Pro/xawtv working?

I was given a new ATI All-in-Wonder 128 Pro AGP card for Christmas.

I installed it and it runs X with no problems....in fact even the
openGL stuff works (wow linux has come a long way!).

I'm running XFree86 v4.1.0 that came with RH 7.2. I'm running the
out-of-the-box v.2.4.7 kernel that came with RH 7.2.

Can someone help me get the video portion working?

I've looked at the bttv mini-howto, but am running into trouble.  I
did a bit of net research, and it seems like this card is supported,
but not using the bttv driver.

www.linuxvideo.org seems to be down, so I couldn't get any help from
there.

Is there anyone who has the video portion of this card working and if
so, what kind of neat things are you doing with it (i.e. digital vcr,
webcam, etc.)?

Thanks for any help,

Michael

2. cdda2wav under linux with ATAPI drive (TOSHIBA XM6002B)

3. Xfree and ATI All-in-wonder 128 or ATI Rage fury 128

4. Redhat Linux VS Coral Linux

5. Getting the ATI Rage 128 Xpert 128 to work

6. motorola sm56 voice modem: help

7. ATI All-In-Wonder 128 16MB AGP - Has anyone had success?

8. Whats port #5?

9. Xwindow for Rage 128 (ati all in wonder 128)

10. ATI Rage 128 (All-in-Wonder 128 16Mo) - Here is my config file

11. Not work X-Window on ATI Fury Pro (chipset ATI Rage 128 Pro)