Getting TV Capturer / TV tuner going in LINUX (BT848A-based chipset)

Getting TV Capturer / TV tuner going in LINUX (BT848A-based chipset)

Post by remove » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to get a TV tuner going in LINUX.

The card is shipped as an "IQ148" (something like that), and has a main chip on
it labelled "BT848A".

 It is a PCI card.

Any ideas on how to get it running under LINUX ?

..And also NT drivers are also something I would like to track down for it (not
the appropriate group I know, but if you could help, I'd be grateful).

TIA for any help given.

Post by Achim Linde » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I am trying to get a TV tuner going in LINUX.

> The card is shipped as an "IQ148" (something like that), and has a main chip on
> it labelled "BT848A".

www.thp.uni-koeln.de/~rjkm/linux/bttv.html

HTH,
Achim

Post by jed » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I am trying to get a TV tuner going in LINUX.

>The card is shipped as an "IQ148" (something like that), and has a main chip on
>it labelled "BT848A".

> It is a PCI card.

>Any ideas on how to get it running under LINUX ?

        Follow the link below to my homepage and follow
        the Video links from there. You also probably
        should idenitify the rest of the chips on the
        board.

Quote:

--
Hardly. Microsoft has brought the microcomputer OS to
the point where it is more bloated than even OSes from          |||

        In search of sane PPP docs? Try http://penguin.lvcm.com

Getting TV Capturer / TV tuner going in LINUX (BT848A-based chipset)

Post by remove » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>>I am trying to get a TV tuner going in LINUX.

>>The card is shipped as an "IQ148" (something like that), and has a main chip on
>>it labelled "BT848A".

>> It is a PCI card.

>>Any ideas on how to get it running under LINUX ?

>    Follow the link below to my homepage and follow
>    the Video links from there. You also probably
>    should idenitify the rest of the chips on the
>    board.

>>..And also NT drivers are also something I would like to track down for it (not
>>the appropriate group I know, but if you could help, I'd be grateful).

>>TIA for any help given.

>--
>Hardly. Microsoft has brought the microcomputer OS to
>the point where it is more bloated than even OSes from          |||
>what was previously larger classes of machines altogether.     / | \
>This is perhaps Bill's single greatest accomplishment.

>    In search of sane PPP docs? Try http://penguin.lvcm.com

True enuff. Gimme LINUX any day of the year. Just hopped onto your web site
now. Looking good. Thanks for your help.

Post by Leonardo Bosell » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I am trying to get a TV tuner going in LINUX.
> The card is shipped as an "IQ148" (something like that), and has a > > main chip on it labelled "BT848A".

>  It is a PCI card.

> Any ideas on how to get it running under LINUX ?

> ..And also NT drivers are also something I would like to track down > for it (not
> the appropriate group I know, but if you could help, I'd be grateful).

> TIA for any help given.

Go :http://www.thp.uni-koeln.de/~rjkm/linux/bttv.html
That board have also NT drivers, but i do not know the addresses 9i ahve
another model)

1. TV tuner bt848a - sound volume too low

I have a Winview 601 tv/fm tuner card based on a bt848a chip. It
works with bttv-0.6.3 as a TV-boostar, but with a very low sound output.
To hear anything, I have to set the volume to maximum using a mixer
and then of course I get a lot of distortions and background noise.
Under W95 sound is ok. My soundcard is SB AWE 32, drivers from
kernel 2.2.1ac5.
Does anyone know, how to fix that?

--
---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
      * Nec temere, nec timide! *

2. nv-program

3. MSI TV @anywhere TV Tuner card

4. New to linux?

5. "WinCast/TV dbx" TV tuner

6. Invoking a New Shell

7. substitution problem

8. Zoltrix TV MAX tv tuner and vid capture card..

9. tv tuner voodoo3 3500 tv

10. need help with tv tuner card and xaw tv

11. TV tuner & FM tuner trouble shooting in linux

12. Bt829 based TV tuner support?