NEC 4x4 CD-ROM changer...

Post by Robert Pool » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I built a system recently, and for the CD-ROM drive, I picked a NEC 4x4
CD changer.  It is an ATAPI/EIDE drive which holds up to 4 CD-ROMs, and
is a quad-speed reader.

I am curious of Linux kernel version 2.0.x supports this drive, and if
so, what special hacks/kludges to the configuration may be required...?

Thanks in advance.  Email replies appreciated.
--
Robert P. Poole -- Software Engineer, Informative Graphics Corp.

http://www.dancris.com/~lionlad

NEC 4x4 CD-ROM changer...

Post by Erik B Anderse » Mon, 19 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I also have one of these, and noticing that kernel support was weak,
(you can change CDs using the program included in the kernel source
Documentation/cdrom/ide-cd file) I added additional support.  Please try
this out on your system if you have a chance, and let me know how it
works for you.  It should be included in the 2.1.x kernel source...  I
also adjusted the above mentioned sample program to take advantage of
these new kernel features.  The patch can be found at:
http://www.et.byu.edu/~andersee/
 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen

Springville, Ut 84663            phone:  (801) 489-1231