magma pci extender cards under linux?

Post by Mark Krische » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 13:29:30

has anyone managed to get the magma pci extender cards to work under linux?
i've tried it with the 2.2 and 2.4 kernel.  this is basically an external
pci bridge which connects via a cardbus pc card.

pcmcia-cs detects card insertion, but can't figure out what module to load.
if i do an lspci, i can see the new pci bridge, but i can't see beyond it to
the pci devices plugged in.

any thoughts?

thanks in advance.

--mk

magma pci extender cards under linux?

Post by David Hind » Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:46:31

Quote:> has anyone managed to get the magma pci extender cards to work under linux?
> i've tried it with the 2.2 and 2.4 kernel.  this is basically an external
> pci bridge which connects via a cardbus pc card.
> pcmcia-cs detects card insertion, but can't figure out what module to load.
> if i do an lspci, i can see the new pci bridge, but i can't see beyond it to
> the pci devices plugged in.

Not supported for now.  The pcmcia-cs package doesn't know how to
recursively enumerate devices sitting behind a CardBus slot; it just
configures one PCI device, which is the bridge card itself, and
nothing behind it.

I imagine it may not be too hard to modify the 2.4 in-kernel PCMCIA
drivers to do this but I don't think I know enough about the PCI
subsystem to do it.

-- Dave

1. magma pci extender cards

has anyone ever got one of the magma pci extender cards to work in
linux with pcmcia-cs.  when i plug in the pc card, linux reconized a
card has been put in, and using lspci i can see a pci bridge--i just
can't see past it.  this is running on both 2.2 and 2.4 kernels on a
thinkpad T20.

any information or advice would be appreciated.

thanks.

--mk

2. How to make ASP work in Unix web server

3. Problem with MAGMA PCI serial card: tip port0 link down

4. DVD Support?

5. Linux and AMI's Disk Extender card

6. KFC 1502 timings.

7. IsoFax and Magma Cards

8. Modems at 33.6K ??

9. Solaris 2.5 and Magma Serial Port Card

10. Magma's S-Bus cards

11. Magma DMA Serial Port Card

12. Solaris 2.5 and Magma Serial Port Card with the 3.3 driver.

13. LBA BIOS extender cards... Can I use LILO?