Panasonic CD-rom drive and Mozart sound card

Panasonic CD-rom drive and Mozart sound card

Post by Xavier Leoncin » Wed, 19 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have a Panasonic CD-rom drive, which uses as an interface a mozart 16
sound card,
my problem is that if i compile the kernel with sound support the drive
is not found, but
the sound works, if i don't use sound support and just enable the soft
configuartion of the drive
then it is recognized. I am using 2.0.27. If someone knows how i could
get the two to work together,
i'll apreciate your help
Bests
--
                                         Xavier Leoncini

IRPHE-CNRS,     http://www-irphe.univ-mrs.fr
12, avenue du General Leclerc 13003 Marseille (France)

Tel:(33i)-4-91-50-54-39; Fax:(33)-4-91-08-16-37;

1. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

        Hi, I just bought the Linux from Nascent CD-ROM and have been attempting
to install it on my 486DX2/66 machine.  I have a cardex SVGA card using a
Cirrus chipset and 1 meg of video ram.  I have 16 megs of 60-ns memory.  I also
have a local bus IDE hard drive controller (32-bit) running two 340-meg
western digital hard drives.  Oh, the video is local bus, too.  I also have
an IOMEGA floptical drive, as well as the almost expected 3.5" and 5.25"
floppies.  I also have a Soundblaster 16 sound card that is driving my CD-drive,
the setup that comes together in a multimedia pack, I forget the exact name,
but it is a fairly standard one.  It is a Panasonic cd-drive by the way.
A panasonic 54- something I think.  When I boot and root my way into Linux,
It won't mount my cd-drive.  Since the program files are all on CD, that
means I can't install.  I followed the instructions for fixing this problemm
in the manual, i.e. "mknod /dev/sbpcd b 25 0"
                    "ln -fs /dev/sbpcd /dev/cdrom"
This looked fine, but when I rebooted, Linux still wouldn't mount my drive.
I even tried getting new root and boot images via anonymous FTP and rawrite.
No dice.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike Van Camp

2. SCSI drive install woes

3. CD ROM Support For Older Panasonic CD-ROM Drives

4. Help with my laptop!!!

5. SE1440 Sound Card/Panasonic CD-ROM Combo

6. Java RMI rebind on AIX 4.3 SP

7. Help: Zoltrics Sound Card + Panasonic CD-ROM

8. Problems connecting to Linux from WAN

9. Slackware, Sound FX card, and Panasonic Cd-rom

10. Mozart Sound + Wearness CD-ROM

11. Adaptec 1520i with Panasonic CD/PD drive and 4x Oak CD-ROM install HELP!!

12. Panasonic CD-503 SCSI CD-ROM drive support