IDSN-Dailin problem with linux

Post by Joop Marijn » Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I've got the following problem:
I've got a Tornado Webjet 128, thats an external ISDN TA, it works fine
for dial out. BUT I wan't to create a dail-up server with this modem.
The problem is, I've got 4 phone-numbers, e.g. (1,2,3,4)

under linux I use mgetty to take up the phone. The modem is programmed
at number 4, but when someone calls in on number 3 (private phone) it
also answers. So I wonder is is possible to let the modem react on only
one number ? and how could that be done.

BTW the modem says its from allied data techologies, but I could't find
a website from them. I suppose I just need the complete AT-command set
for this modem.

Please reply via email, I can't read this group to often....

Sorry for my poor english.

Joop Marijne

1. IDSN Modem problem

I have a Net Gear external 2 channel ISDN modem that I'm using to connect
(non dedicated) to the internet.  This modem is plugged into a box running
RH 6.0 using diald to controll the connection and ipchains to firewall
between the ISP and my local network.  Everything is working fine except
that one or two times a day the modem appears to "hang".   All the data
lights go out except the compression light and if I run minicom to try to
reset it, minicom gets flooded with a constant stream of what appear to be
NULs.   The only way to get things back to normal is to power off the modem
and turn it back on.   I don't have to reboot Linux, just the modem.   Is it
possibly a faulty modem or could it be something else?

--
- Tyler (remove "NOSPAM_" to reply)
The expressed opinions might be my own or could be

2. Undefined reference to `hostbyte'

3. Linux 3Com IDSN modem support?

4. NetWorker save command

5. linux idsn active-filter trouble

6. Help:First Time Linux RH installer

7. Linux Gateway with IDSN backup

8. Developement System Questions

9. getty_ps problems with modem dailin

10. Dailin Problem HELP!!!

11. ADSL, IDSN, Leased line, how to connect in the UK ?

12. Palm & GSM & V.110 & IDSN -> Kernel Oops

13. Help with external IDSN pls