I want to watch tv on my linux machine

Post by Lou » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00

hey,

I am new to linux, and I can't get my tv software to work properly.  I
launch xawtv or kwintv and I don't get any channels.  I've tried all the
options, pal, ntsc, and the different countries broadcasts, and still no
channels.  I've tried the bttv how-to and still no luck.  can someone
please help me.  if I can fix this, then I never have to use windows.

lou

Post by Glitc » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> hey,

> I am new to linux, and I can't get my tv software to work properly.  I
> launch xawtv or kwintv and I don't get any channels.  I've tried all the
> options, pal, ntsc, and the different countries broadcasts, and still no
> channels.  I've tried the bttv how-to and still no luck.  can someone
> please help me.  if I can fix this, then I never have to use windows.

we can't help if you don't provide us some information to go on, such as
what card you are using and what chipset it has along with everything
you have tried and the results that occurred when you tried different
ideas.

I want to watch tv on my linux machine

Post by Risto K Virtane » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 16:15:44

Do you have the tuner.o module loaded?

Risto K Virtanen

Post by Harri Haata » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:00:00

>> I am new to linux, and I can't get my tv software to work properly.  I
>> launch xawtv or kwintv and I don't get any channels.  I've tried all the
>> options, pal, ntsc, and the different countries broadcasts, and still no
>> channels.  I've tried the bttv how-to and still no luck.  can someone
>> please help me.  if I can fix this, then I never have to use windows.

I can't even get xawtv to start. Can't open /dev/video (yes, exists).
I have an ASUS v3400 with tv-in and the Philips SAA7111 chip on the board
got me trying. I've loaded the module but I guess it's not working.

Anyone with similiar experience (and hopefully a cure)?

Post by Marc D. Willia » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:42:00

>I can't even get xawtv to start. Can't open /dev/video (yes, exists).
>I have an ASUS v3400 with tv-in and the Philips SAA7111 chip on the board
>got me trying. I've loaded the module but I guess it's not working.

>Anyone with similiar experience (and hopefully a cure)?

Post here everything you load for TV stuff. That way someone can
have a better idea of what your problem might be.
Also the kernel version and bttv version if you have that separately
(I may have missed that info if you already provided it).
You may also need to load the i2c module(s) before bttv.

There's more info in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/

I don't see an ASUS or v3400 listed in the latest bttv cardlist.

--

Quote:>>ANIME SENSHI<<

Marc D. Williams

http://www.oldskool.org/~tvdog/ -- DOS Internet & Tandy 1000