Compaq Presario install

Post by Gil Couver » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Need help trying to install Linux on my Compaq !
Here is the message that I beleive is relevant with the problem, this
message appears when booting any kernel from floppy.

init_pciBIOS32: service directory structure at 0x000fbfe0
init_pciBIOS32: entry in high memory, unable to access
no BIOS32 detected

Then the kernel continue to scan the hardware and actually finds the
IDE hard disk (windows95), the floppy, the CDROM, etc... except it
does not see the SCSI interface and the hard disk attached to it.
(message: scsi host adapter = found 0)

My purpose is to install Linux on a dedicated SCSI hard disk, leaving
alone the IDE hard disk with Windows.

Hardware config:
COMPAQ PRESARIO 9500
Pentium 120MHz
RAM 8+32MB
DISK 1.1GB IDE Quantum Fireball 1080A type 65 (windows95)
Floppy 1.44 IDE
CDROM ATAPI/IDE Mitsumi
VGA Trio64V+PCI (S3 Inc) (embeded)
Adaptec AHA1522B IDE-SCSI host adapter (driver Windows 4.01 Rev A)
DISK 2.0GB Seagate ST52160N

Software:
Tryting to install LINUX KERNEL 2.0.27 (aha152x.s)

(By the way the AHA1522+SEAGATE actually works fine with windows95)

Thanks for any help !
Please answer at the address below.
--
Gil Couvert
France

1. Installing X on a Compaq Presario 2110

I installed Suse 6.0 on my compaq Presario without lots of problems (and
even less knowledge bout linux). The major problem I experience now is
tryin to install X. I got a Cirrus Logic CL-GD 5428 oboard graphics chip
and the Presario V400 Monitor.....and I cant get them to work with
linux...

Please help me!! Ive been looking foward to kill my Window$ for a long
ti

2. changing time

3. Installing Ygg. P&P on Compaq Presario

4. SB16 & IDE CDROM

5. Installing RH 5.2 on a compaq presario

6. X managers... what is most popular?

7. Installing Linux on Compaq Presario 1610

8. VC switching suggestion

9. Need help with Mandrake 6.1 install on a Compaq Presario Laptop

10. Installing RH 6.1 on Compaq Presario 1825 notebook... problem with network card...

11. installing solaris 7 on compaq presario 5600i

12. install on compaq presario 2264

13. Installing RH 6.1 on Compaq Presario 1825 notebook... problem with network card...