Registers on FORE PCA-200 ATM?

Post by Matt Wel » Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I'm writing a kernel-level driver for a FORE Systems PCA-200PC ATM
network interface. This is a PCI-bus board which presents a single
memory-mapped address space to the host; I believe that the address
space is 2 MB in size.

I have complete programming information for the board but don't have
a 'register map' which describes the layout of this address space. As
this board design is similar to FORE's other boards, I know that it
should have an 'I/O address space' and a 'memory address space'.
The I/O space should contain the BCR, MAC address PROM, and so forth.
These address spaces should be contained within the single memory-mapped
region presented by the board.

I'm wondering if anyone has the appropriate FORE header files or
a programming manual describing the address-space layout for their
PCI board. What I really need to know is the 'RAM_OFFSET' (offset
into the board address space to access the i960 RAM) and 'CTRL_OFFSET'
(offset to talk to the control registers).

Thanks much,

Cornell University Robotics and Vision Laboratory
--
Jesus saves: -4 versus rods, staves, and wands.

Post by Andrew Bo » Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>I'm writing a kernel-level driver for a FORE Systems PCA-200PC ATM

I've written a driver from scratch that works with the old and the
new [e] pci fore atm pci card.  I'd give you the header files, but
I'm sure we're under nda.

pci-specific files ... they're very helpful folks.

Also, ask them about the simple way of downloading the 960 firmware.

--

1. Fore Systems PCA-200, ATM NIC PCI 155MBPS Network card

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience using Fore Systems PCI ATM cards in a
non-Sun box running solaris.

I am setting up a test IPv6 POP using ATM internally. I saw a good
deal on some nics and was wondering if anyone had any hints or tips
that would help me.

PS: my main servers are two e3500's using Forerunner SBA-200's.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Thanks

Michael

2. TRON

3. Linux [RH5.0], Fore's ATM PCA-200 adapters and LE155 switch

4. Looking to buy Linux

5. Installing Fore PCA 200e ATM-PCI-Adapter on FreeBSD 5.0?

6. ksh... PS1=$$ PS1="$$" PS1='$$'... aargh...

7. Driver for FORE Systems PCA-200EPC ATM card?

8. Linux reference distro

9. pca 200

10. Fore PCA-200E

11. Linux ATM Driver for Fore adapter ???

12. ATM Fore HE 155 VPI Non 0

13. Fore ATM network cards--Help!!