To boot with SCSI HD and Linux on IDE HD

To boot with SCSI HD and Linux on IDE HD

Post by Eric Roullea » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
I have 2 HD : one is IDE and the other SCSI.
I would like to install win95 on the SCSI and Linux on the IDE (LILO
will be install on the master boot HD (SCSI)).
But I don't know how to boot with the SCSI HD ?
Any idea ?
Thanks
Eric
--
---------------------------------
Eric Roulleau - Cril Ingenierie

---------------------------------

To boot with SCSI HD and Linux on IDE HD

Post by Gereon Wenze » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

If your board BIOS does not support SCSI Boot, you will have no chance
to boot from SCSI. If an IDE drive is found it will allways be the first
drive in the system. So just install Lilo on the IDE-drive and set its
bootsector active.

Gereon Wenzel

1. How to transfer root and boot from scsi hd to ide hd

Hello all,

I want to move SCO Open Server 5.05 from my old SCSI-HD to a new IDE-HD
without installing all the software, patches, ... new.
So I installed a rudimentary OS on the IDE HD to partition the harddisk.
Then I copied the old stand and root to the IDE HD.
But it will not boot. OK, the problem is that unix is searching the root
fs on a SCSI HD.
Can I handle this without installing all the stuff new?

Thanks in advance

Michael

2. Need command to take ownership of a file I didn't create

3. Problems with an IDE HD and new SCSI HD

4. IE5 on SPARCStation-10

5. Setting up 2 new SCSI HD in a system with an IDE HD

6. Blocking core dump file creation

7. ANSWER Re: Problem installing: Adaptec + IDE HD + SCSI HD

8. How to set NIC to 100BaseT

9. Have IDE HD want to add SCSI HD

10. Problem installing: Adaptec + IDE HD + SCSI HD

11. SCSI + IDE HD, how to boot from SCSI?

12. lilo config for dual hd-boot hd->ramdisk-boot?

13. SCO 5.0 install, IDE for boot SCSI for CD - no hd controller