Xerox XE Series (WorkCentre XE80 Specifically)

Xerox XE Series (WorkCentre XE80 Specifically)

Post by Scott Bradle » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Before anyone points it out unnecessarily, I already know that the Linux
Printing HOWTO says that the XE80 is a paperweight.  However, I still
would like to explore ways to get it working since there is not much
information available on what has been done up to this point.

Has anyone seen any attempts or workarounds to getting this series of
printers working under Linux?  Or does anyone know why they do not
work?  I did not think it was a Winprinter, though from the platforms it
works on this might be suspect (though they made a driver or something
for Win3.1, which is odd if it is a Winprinter).

Thanks.

--
Scott Bradley     AIM:scotbrad1     ICQ:5537123
Free Physics Project (http://freephysics.sourceforge.net)

Hanton's Razer: Never attribute too malice that witch can
adequitely be explained buy stupidness.

Xerox XE Series (WorkCentre XE80 Specifically)

Post by Scott Bradle » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Reading over the specifications a little more closely, I saw that the
"emulator" is "Windows Printing; GDI" so it is a Windows printer.

Oh well.

SB