LILO && NCR53C810 don't work together

Post by Michael Gaertn » Fri, 03 Mar 1995 22:26:58

Hi folks,
I have a problem using linux with a SCSI-HD.
Configuration:
- ASUS-SP3G-Board
- Quantum-Empire 1080S attached to the on-board-NCR53C810-Controller
  Partitions: 1. FAT-DOS
              2. Linuxswap
              3. Linuxnative
- Linux 1.1.26 (also tried with 1.0.9)

The system works fine, but I must load the kernel from a floppy.
I tried to install LILO (both ways: partition and mbr), but the loader
says LI ..., and dies.

Is there anybody out there, who knows this problem (or better a solution)?

Thanks and bye
jo

1. LILO && NCR53C810 don't work together

Hi folks,
I have a problem using linux with a SCSI-HD.
Configuration:
- ASUS-SP3G-Board
- Quantum-Empire 1080S attached to the on-board-NCR53C810-Controller
  Partitions: 1. FAT-DOS
              2. Linuxswap
              3. Linuxnative
- Linux 1.1.26 (also tried with 1.0.9)

The system works fine, but I must load the kernel from a floppy.
I tried to install LILO (both ways: partition and mbr), but the loader
says LI ..., and dies.

Is there anybody out there, who knows this problem (or better a solution)?

Thanks and bye
jo

2. Character set in RedHat Linux

3. crond, rm & find don't work together

4. Video Mode Selection on Alpha?

5. IP Masq - Ping & Telnet ok, but HTTP & FTP don't work

6. Keyboard Configuration

8. How to measure network performance

10. Multiple Kickers Don't Play Well Together (& getting rid of the desktop background)

11. 没有人用中文吗?

12. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

13. Problem: PCI & EISA HD's working together...