Why not buy a Buslogic 956C?

Post by Derek R. Spenc » Sun, 21 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I'm in looking to buy a Buslogic SCSI controller for my new 2 gig
Barracuda.  I was originally looking into the 946C, but I'm wondering
if there's any reason why noone is mentioning the 956C as running well
under Linux.  It's only a little bit more and it has Wide SCSI.  Any
reason why I shouldn't buy the 956C?  Compatibility problems?

Please let me know, I'm dying to test out this new drive. =)

Oh, and if you know of a good source for the card, let me know!

Thanks.

--

23705 Vanowen St. #180 | http://www.instanet.com/~drs
West Hills, CA  91307  | FAQ Keeper: rec.arts.comics.marketplace

Why not buy a Buslogic 956C?

Post by Leonard N. Zubkof » Sun, 21 Jan 1996 04:00:00

  I'm in looking to buy a Buslogic SCSI controller for my new 2 gig
  Barracuda.  I was originally looking into the 946C, but I'm wondering
  if there's any reason why noone is mentioning the 956C as running well
  under Linux.  It's only a little bit more and it has Wide SCSI.  Any
  reason why I shouldn't buy the 956C?  Compatibility problems?

  Please let me know, I'm dying to test out this new drive. =)

  Oh, and if you know of a good source for the card, let me know!

The BT-956C works just great under Linux.  I've been running them for
nearly a year now and I'm quite happy with mine.

                Leonard