Help! Can't get ISA PNP modem to work

Post by Markus Wand » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Here is an abbreviated version of the isapnp input file:

(READPORT 0x0273)
(ISOLATE PRESERVE)
(IDENTIFY *)
(VERBOSITY 2)
(CONFLICT (IO FATAL)(IRQ FATAL)(DMA FATAL)(MEM FATAL))
(CONFIGURE USR1001/1687176018 (LD 0
 (INT 0 (IRQ 9 (MODE +E)))
 (IO 0 (SIZE 8) (BASE 0x0110))
 (NAME "USR1001/1687176018[0]{TelePath 28.8 fax modem}")
 (ACT Y)
))
(WAITFORKEY)

This is accepted without error.  I then do

setserial /dev/ttyS2 port 0x110 irq 9

but I cannot get the serial port recognized.  "autoconfig" doesn't do anything,
manually setting UART types 8250, 16450, 16550, 16550A does not do anything.
Opening /dev/ttyS2 and writing to it invariably produces a write error.

I've also tried IRQ 5 and I/O port 0x210.

The machine has regular serial ports ttyS0 and ttyS1.

What else could be wrong?

Markus

1. pnp isa internal modems which work in linux no probs

OK I have found an isa pnp internal 56k modems.  They are made my auslinx
in australia, and the modem is called a tasmanian devel and sells for 124
australian dollars.  On the back of the box it says supported in linux.
They also have another version which works in linux it's called an abc
modem but I do not think they make them any more, only the tasmanian
deveils.

karlo

2. Lively web performance && slow FTP == Bad Wins95 TCP/IP setting?

3. How to make a ISA PNP modem work in Linux?

4. NIS+ Errormessage

5. Modem ISA pnp works, but then nothing else loads

6. Sound broken in 2.0.1..N?

7. isa pnp modem on com2, irq3 not working under linux...

8. NFS mounting

9. Why doesn't FreeBSd work with PnP ISA devices?

10. Getting a PnP modem to work

11. HELP! : ISA PNP Modem

12. need help installing an ISA PnP Modem

13. Need help setting up an ISA PNP hardware modem