Please help configure my S3 Trio 3D/2X Video card

Please help configure my S3 Trio 3D/2X Video card

Post by Boris J. Ivano » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi my name is Boris...
Can some one help my to configure S3 Trio 3D/2X AGP
Video card for Linux RedHat 6.0
Thanks.

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

Please help configure my S3 Trio 3D/2X Video card

Post by Ruair » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I had the same problem, it does'nt support the S3 Trio3d, only works in
stupid basic vga mode with 16 colors.  What you need to do is update the
verison of xfree86 (the part that shows the graphics on screen)  Goto
www.xfree86.org and you'll get all the info that you need.

Ruairi

Quote:> Hi my name is Boris...
> Can some one help my to configure S3 Trio 3D/2X AGP
> Video card for Linux RedHat 6.0
> Thanks.

>                     http://www.searchlinux.com

1. S3 Trio 3D/2X Video card and Xserver

according to XFree 3.3.5 docs Trio3D/2X is supported only on Linux.
(e.g. freebsd xserwer doesnt work with it). i dont know what is so special
about linux ;). maybe recompiling x from sources will help.

btw Trio3D and Trio3D/2X support is fairly new, untested and i have heard
lots of bitchin about them on linux newsgroups.

so my advice is stay away from Trio3D for a while. if you MUST buy video
card now and think about something cheap consider Riva 128ZX. you'll get
at least some OpenGL acceletration with Riva 128.

(i dont think that video cards without good 3d acceleration is worth buying
at all.)
--
dominik behr

2. Text appears bad in X-windows runnig on Linux

3. Red Hat 7.0 With S3 Trio 3D/2X Video Card

4. connecting to internet using PPP, trouble visiting certain sites

5. Help --> configuring s3 trio 3d 2x agp (86c362)

6. HELP! can't compile PPP on Linux (Ygg)

7. Please Help with S3 Trio 3D 128 AGP video card

8. C++ Programmer Seeking Free-lance Opportunity !

9. S3 Trio 3D/2X config file - HELP!!!!

10. Help my s3 trio 3d/2x AGP don't work

11. S3 Trio 3D AGP 2X - 8MB HELP

12. S3 Trio 3D Video Card

13. S3 Trio 3D AGP Video Card