US Robotics ISDN SPortster

Post by Nik Simpso » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Anybody know how to configure these, I've just installed Redhat Linux 6.0
and as far as i can see it made no attempt to install the modem. This is a
ISA bus card, in other operating systems (i.e. NT) it basically installs as
a NIC with NDIS drivers etc, not as a modem.

Any help greatfully recieved, if I can't get it to work, I'll just have to
carry on using NT :-)

--
Nik Simpson

US Robotics ISDN SPortster

Post by ghelbi » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Nik,

Looks like your stuck for now.

I looked into getting my USR ISDN card working under Linux,
and it turn out that there's code downloaded to the card
by the driver.  This code is imbedded into the 'doze driver,
and is NOT available seperately.

G.

US Robotics ISDN SPortster

Post by Chris Mahmoo » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Anybody know how to configure these,

I  can't afford ISDN.

Quote:>I've just installed Redhat Linux 6.0
> and as far as i can see it made no attempt to install the modem. This is a
> ISA bus card, in other operating systems (i.e. NT) it basically installs as
> a NIC with NDIS drivers etc, not as a modem.

Read the NET-3 Howto and linux/Documentation/isdn/README.HiSax.

Quote:> Any help greatfully recieved, if I can't get it to work, I'll just have to
> carry on using NT :-)

That wouldn't punish anyone but you.
good luck,
-ckm

1. US Robotics Sportster ISDN

Does anyone know if this is supported by Linux? any problems? I'm putting
together a home network, and I'm looking for a decent ISDN adaptor for IP
masquerading.

Thanks,
Jim

--
              Jim McCusker | Class of '99, BA Cognitive Science

        ~What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.~
                       ~~Confucius 551 - 479 B.C.E.~~

2. passwd / shell "options"

3. Using US Robotics Sportster 128k ISDN Adapter w/Linux

4. suid root not working on RH7 2.2.16-22 ?

5. US Robotics Sportster 128 ISDN

6. Mandrake kppp using MSN as an ISP?

7. us robotics sportster ta isdn ext

8. High performance SCSI disk device driver

9. Linux support for US Robotics Sportster ISDN

10. HP LaserJet 5L, US Robotics Sportster Modem

11. US Robotics MODEM Sportster 14.4 Internal

12. Internal Sportster US Robotics

13. US Robotics Sportster 56k Faxmodem