Fedora Core 1 Backups

Post by slim » Thu, 05 Aug 2004 22:43:24

I am attempting to create backup of my web server and test web server using
the following tar command:

tar -cvWf /dev/st0 -T files.t > backup.log

However, the backup never completes and get the following error message:

WARNING: Kernel Errors Present
   st0: Error with sense data:...:  43Time(s)

I am using a Travan 10/20 Gb IDE tape drive with "ide-scsi=hdb" command. Is
there a problem with my command?  Please advise.

Thanks

-slim

1. Strange SSH halting problem between Fedora Core 2/Fedora Core 3

<snip>

Hi Jon:

Something I noticed today while ssh'ing via another ssh'ed account is that
it doesn't really like multiple-forwarded X connections.

I'll elaborate:

I ssh into my home workstation from work. This connection has been setup to
forward X connections. But then when I try to ssh from the home workstation
to another machine on my home network, I get a timeout similar to what you
describe. The solution is to do the second ssh without forwarding X, ie, by
invoking "ssh -x <server>". I don't know whether this is your problem, but
might be something to look into.

Cheers,
--
 ** Matt van de Werken -- Cricket, Unix, Electronics Enthusiast **
 **   Linux -- Dual Athlon MP1800+ -- Fri, 03 Dec 2004  5:01PM  **

2. Backing up on DDS-4 tape drive (Compressed mode)

3. Fedora Core 2 soundscape

4. Anyone seen the mailing list lately?

5. Fedora Core 4 and Laptop Wireless

6. COLA FAQ 6 of 6 14-Dec-2002

7. Must "save settings" in fedora core 3

8. Not work simple script!

9. fedora core 2 freeze

10. Fedora Core 5 tg3 dropping packets?

11. Fedora Core II Test II with SuperMicro P4SCI Motherboard using RAID?

12. Fedora Core 4 Networking: Ping DNS problem

13. Configure DLink Network card on Fedora Core 4