HELP REGARDING SATA Hard Disk DRIVER

Post by gagan_go » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:45:56

I have a Seagate 120 Gb SATA hard disk
Windows XP (Service Pack2 ) detects it as ST3120827AS

I was trying to load FedoraCore 3 and it did not detect the hard disk
saying that you need to manually choose a driver for it.
It gives me the option of inserting a driver disk but i did not
get any for the hard disk.

It may seem a stupid question but please tell me what driver i should

and how to iinstall it so FedoraCore3 detects my hard disk

1. SATA Hard Disk drivers

I have a Seagate 120 Gb SATA hard disk
Windows XP (Service Pack2 ) detects it as ST3120827AS

I was trying to load FedoraCore 3 and it did not detect the hard disk
saying that you need to manually choose a driver for it.
It gives me the option of inserting a driver disk but i did not
get any for the hard disk.

It may seem a stupid question but please tell me what driver i should

and how to iinstall it so FedoraCore3 detects my hard disk

2. SCO OS5 Q: Problem mounting W95 filesystems :-\

3. Replacing Hard Disk - Copying Linux system to new Hard Disk ????

4. X library help???

5. How to lock the bad sectors on the hard disk without reformatting the hard disk !!??

6. how do you disable deleting .profile ?

7. Ultra 5 IDE hard disks - can I use any PC hard disk?

8. SunSparc-630MP running Sol 2-4

9. can we copy an installed Linux on a hard disk onto another hard disk

10. Regarding documentation of sd[SCSI disk]driver

11. HELP: DOS boot disk does not recognize my hard disk!!!

12. Can one do disk-to-disk copys with Sun hard disks?