LPRng and lpf

Post by Jeff Handle » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm new to linux and have a problem with printing to my HP DeskJet 400.
By using the command lpr {filename} the file is sent through the spooler to
the printer, but i get the staircase effect. any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance

Jeff

LPRng and lpf

Post by Mike Ivers » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

The Printing-HOWTO should answer your questions. You need a filter to
add the carriage return's to each line.

You might consider using a package liek magicfilter.

--

| University Technology Services and                                   |
| the Department of Electrical Engineering                             |

LPRng and lpf

Post by Jeff Handle » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I've now installed the filter and all goes well except for the fact that
when i print the man pages, my margin is to far from the top of the
page.Have tried to set the :pl and the :pw properties to no avail. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help Mike.  jeff

1. HPDJ500C/LPRng/ifhp/apsfilter-LPRng

I've got a HP DeskJet 500C attached to my parallel port.  I've been able to
send files to it via "cat filename > /dev/lp0", so I know I've got kernel
modules, etc. working right.  I've installed LPRng, ifhp, and
apsfilter-LPRng, but I've been unsucessful getting it to print postscript
(or even plain text) with lpr.  I've gotten the files to spool correctly,
but I think I've got some problems with the filter setup.  In the process
of fiddling around with printcap, apsfilter.conf, etc. I've gotten it to
print out a bunch of PJL commands, but on another attempt, I got it to
filter the file through gs, but it didn't print.  (When checked the
filter's progress w/ ps, it seemed like gs was running, but not doing
anything.)  Can someone help me out?

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

2. Avery's "vi" resources

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. DBM Authentication using /etc/pwd

5. lpf problem

6. ports / fink

7. Open socket for LPF: Invalid argument (dhcpd)

8. Listing tape devices?

9. problem with lpf

10. dhcpd: Open a socket for LPF: Invalid argument

11. printing latin1 using lpf

12. Problems with /usr/bin/lpf

13. LPRng-3.7.4 and Mandrake-8.0??