Debian 22r4 on Asus A7V 133

Post by K. Werne » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 05:30:04

Hi there,

I do have a problem installing Debian 2.2r4 on my Asus A7V 133 - U-ATA 100
by Promise onboard Chip (my guess is that the problem is caused by this
fellow). I downloaded the installation/rescue discs from Debian, they are
booting but the installation routine cannot find my harddisk (IBM
DTLA-307030), later on it is also unable to find my Ethernet card (noname
with realtek chip rtl8139).
Installing SUSE with Kernel 2.4.4 is no problem, so the hardware is o.k.

Has anyone heard of a workaround for this problem?

Thanks in advance

K. Werner

1. Debian 22r4 on Asus A7v 133

Hi there,

I do have a problem installing Debian 2.2r4 (Kernel 2.2.1.9) on my Asus A7V
133 - U-ATA 100 by Promise onboard Chip (my guess is that the problem is
caused by this fellow). I downloaded the installation/rescue discs from
Debian, they are booting but the installation routine cannot find my
harddisk (IBM DTLA-307030), later on it is also unable to find my Ethernet
card (noname with realtek chip rtl8139).
Installing SUSE with Kernel 2.4.4 is no problem, so the hardware is o.k.

Has anyone heard of a workaround for this problem?

Thanks in advance

K. Werner

2. TrueColor Video with overlays planes?

3. Debian 22r4 on Asus A7V 133

4. 1.3.37: fixes for /proc/net/route and NFS client code?

5. Apparent telnetd problem

6. A7V-133 and Linux

7. VI problems/quirkes in CDE

8. A7V-133 IDE raid support?

9. ACPI power-off doesn't work on Asus CUV4X (VIA Apollo 133)

10. Amd486dx4-133/ASUS-board & *REBOOT*

11. Asus K7V KX-133 motherboard w/ Red Hat 5.1

12. ASUS P55TP4XE + P-133 ???