Intellimouse Explorer=no scroll wheel...Need Help!

Intellimouse Explorer=no scroll wheel...Need Help!

Post by Derek McCurd » Tue, 28 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi there.

 Ive searched high and low for an answer to this problem. First off im
running the newest Mandrake 7.02 distro.  (im a newbie to linux but am a
network admin who is used to running other o/s like windows NT enterprise,
and Netware 5.0)  Anyway.....

I was able to get KDE and linux to successfully use my intellimouse explorer
USB with no problems.  The only problem is that:  i cant get the scroll
wheel to work at all in kde or linux AT ALL.

I tried several suggestions including:

1.  I put the ZAxismapping 4 5    command into the etc/x11/XF86config file
under the "pointers" section

2.  I tried to change the Protocol "PS/2"  to Protocol "imps/2"  and it
causes my mouse to go haywire on startx reboot so i switched it back to ps/2

3.  I renamed the imwheelrc file to .imwheelrc and copied it into my 'home
directory' (for root user i wasnt sure what the home directory was, so i
copied the file to both /root and /home directories.......)

4.  I restarted linux and when KDE booted i tried to execute imwheel -k .
It tells me that it cant write a PID (is that normal) or that it is already
running.

I got these instructions from http://www.mandrakeuser.org/xwin/xmouse.html
.

I  would be TOTALLY indebted to you if you could offer some detailed
instructions/advice on getting my scroll wheel to work!  What am i doing
wrong or should be doing?

1. Intellimouse Explorer=no scroll wheel...help!

[...]

2. Running Windows NT Apps under Linux

3. Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer Wheel in KDE/X

4. Problem while using CVSup

5. Intellimouse wheel doesn't scroll windows

6. Text browser that can deal with javascript?

7. scrolling speed & intellimouse wheel?

8. Reconciling device names with grub devices

9. Microsoft Intellimouse with scroll wheel

10. Help needed: scroll wheel on mouse doesn't work

11. Help: Need to reduce wheel gain of MS wheel mouse

12. Intellimouse Explorer setup possible???

13. Micrsoft IntelliMouse Explorer