Installing 3com 3c509 card on Linux RH 5.2

Installing 3com 3c509 card on Linux RH 5.2

Post by Marc Provenche » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to get my 3C509 card working with Linux RH 5.2.

I started Linuxconf, and I can see that it found the module name (3c509),
for eth0.  I gave it an IP address via linuxconf as well, and made sure the
adapter was enabled.

When I run ifconfig -a I can't see anything but 'lo', which I think is just
the loopback.

Must I do something special to the kernel so it detects my card?  I just
upgraded to 5.2, and I already had a few surprises, like I no longer have
ppp in my kernel, but I had it in my 5.1 version...

How can I get the kernel to detect my card?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Marc Provencher

1. Installing 3com 3c509 ethernet card with Redhat 5.2

Hello,

I am trying to set up an Ethernet connection to use with my Ascend P50
ISDN router. I've already installed Redhat 5.2, but I did not have the
Ethernet card when I performed the install, so /dev/eth0 is not
configured.

What is the easiest way to get this device set up? Should I go back into
the Redhat installation program and select "upgrade", or should is there
an easier/cleaner way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Chris Plachta
Alcatel USA

2. --> Session disconnects in a telnet session <--

3. new RH 5.2 install not recognizing 3c509 cards

4. Adding logical interfaces (PPP vs Broadcast)

5. Red Hat 5.2 Loadlin HOWTO (WAS: Can't install LILO from RH 5.2)

6. FS: $900 for Domino Merchant V2.0 NT

7. RH 5.2 3C509

8. child xxx died with code ff00...

9. Installing RH 5.2 on a 13gb disk with Promise Ultra66 IDE controller card---PLEASE READ

10. FTP RH 5.2 -> RH 5.2 = NFT (No File Transfer)

11. Help installing DRSOUND card... RH 5.2

12. Is Xircom LAN Card O.K to install RH 5.2 by ftp?

13. 3C509 problems in RH 5.2