ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV / X problems

Post by Ragan Webbe » Sat, 11 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Okay, I know that this topic has come up before, but I haven't seen any
solutions.  I have the 4mb version of the card, and the max resolution I
can get is 800x600 at 256 colors.  I'm using the Mach64 driver, and am
sure that I have my monitor set up correctly (Mag DX17T).  Anyways, the
problem is that at higher resolutions and colors, a vertical banding
effect on the screen occurs.  These bands are actually "pieces" of the
view space, piled on top of each other.  They are separated by a line of
moving pixels.

I hope to post all of my vital information on my system (XFConfig,
etc..) soon.

Anyways, could anyone post any useful information, please?

Also, to the person who stated that he had fixed the problem by
diasabling APM, could you please post "exactly" what you did, maybe with
your XFConfig file?

And one last thing...is there an APM feature or something 'in' Linux?
And if so, how is it diabled.

Thank you very much.

1. ATI 3D PRO TURBO PC2TV & 3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV

Hi.

I'd like to hear of what kind of expieriences people have had with
these cards using XF86 or other X servers.

I'm planning to run RH Linux 4.0, and I'd like to run truecolor or
hicolor at 1280x1024. Does anyone have any comment on screen refresh
rates? Anything less than 76Hz is unusable IMO. According to ATI, the
3D XPRESSION+ PC2TV can do 90Hz, and I assume the PRO TURBO card can
do the same.

The questions are:

1) Can XF86 (or others) do 76Hz or better in 1280x1024 true/hicolor?
2) Can XF86 (or others) take advantage of 4/8MB of ram for larger
   virtual desktops, pixmap/font buffers, or whatever?

Thanks in advance.

        Haakon Rydland

2. Solaris '/usr/bin/read' not reading?

3. ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV - Please Help

4. initrd.img not loading when installing

5. XF86Setup (3.2A) & ATI 3D PRO TURBO PC2TV 8MB ?

6. Apache VirtualHost Mode on a Linux Box

7. ATI 3D pro turbo PC2TV

8. Red Hat 5.1 Sanyo CDR-H94A

9. Help - Susex Server for ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV

10. ATI 3D Turbo Pro PC2TV and XFree86

11. Is ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV suooprted by XFree86

12. *** HELP *** ATI 3D PRO TURBO PC2TV + 8MB SGRAM

13. ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV setup