1. Cant boot from NEC 3Xi CD 0.99.14 Yggdrasil
Boot problem from NEC 3Xi triple speed CDROM
Problem: LINUX does not boot
selected lines from the console...
Sony CDROM reset occured or disk changed
inquiry command returned status 0x8A
scsi 0 hosts
scsi detected 0 scsi disks 0 cdroms 0 tapes
hpfs: map sector: read error
Linux from Yggdrasil, Fall 1993 revision B, 0.99.14(?)
Tried on two different machines
486/50, and 486/66 (both with AMI motherboards)
Tried two different configurations -
A) on a multi-device internal SCSI cable, non terminated, using a
Adaptec SCSI controller, integrated on the motherboard, which
identifies itself as AHA 1510/AIC 6360, IO Port 340H
B) terminated, as the sole device on a NEC 16bit SCSI i/f
(The hard disk is also SCSI - machine 1: Conner 500 mb,
machine 2 Fuji 1 GB).
Tried two switch settings on the NEC CDROM: SCSI-1 and SCSI-2
both returned the same results
The CDROM is on unit #1, the SCSI disks were unit #0
The NEC CDROM drive works fine under DOS 6.2 using MSCDEX and Windows.
The backpage of the Yggdrasil booklet does NOT list the NEC drive
nor the Adaptec 1510 SCSI controller. However, we hoped that since
SCSI-2 is becoming a reasonable standard, things would work
together. Obviously not.
Are the drivers for AHA1510 & NEC included in the latest Yggdrasil
Would the version 1.0 that I have heard about help?
Any help would be appreciated....
2. xrn 6-17 compiles, but process grows until killed...?
3. Cant boot Linux (Sum'94) CD-ROM
4. Will anyone buy NT??
5. cant get passed 'looking for cd' during boot
6. PLEASE STOP POSTING REPLIES TO ALL MY POSTS !!!
7. Cant boot slack 7 from aic boot disk
8. KDI compile problem headway
9. Cant exicute program while booted off boot and root install disks????
10. Help: restored RH linux boot part, but cant boot !
11. KERNEL PANIC: I CANT BOOT FROM SETUP'S LILO BOOT DISK!
12. boot : / is readonly ? (or cant boot from raid)
13. Stuck at first step - Cant boot from boot floppy - Help