I 've got an old 8088 IBM PPC, with an integrated 12" CGA cathodic
screen and a handle :-)
I would like to put in this box a hard disk, a VGA card, Linux and
And a new mother board.
Please tell me if i miss something:
- CGA screen can be connected to VGA card. I don't now how this can
be done, but i haven't yet search for.
- I think XFree86 supports 640x400x16 interlaced mode on
640x200 screen. Fine. Awful but fine.
- when setting BIOS monitor type to MONO, VGA BIOS emulates
CGA-MDA mode using double scanning. This works fine
for VGA screen only.
- at boot, my old screen will probably explode if the VGA card
use a 640x400 text mode instead of 640x200.
At best, i will see nothing :-(
- how can i tell the VGA card not to double scan ?
- Is LILO can do that ? Kernel ?
Any ideas/suggestions ? Thanks.
(please excuse my poor english speaking)
" c'est tellement plus ce que c'etait,
que je me demande si ca ne l'a jamais ete."