Sony Vaio

Post by s. keeli » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>  Hello, Does anybody have any experience of installing any linux
> distribution on a Sony Vaio laptop? I am thinking of buying one
> (specifically the PCG-747

See the LDP!  There's a Linux on Sony Vaio Howto, of all things.

--
    keelingATspotsDAWTabDAWTca  TopQuark Software & Serv. Enquire within.
                    Contract programmer, server bum.

1. Sony Vaio R505TE

Hi,

I have had all sorts of problem installing Red Hat Linux 7.1 on my Vaio R505TE
laptop.  Linux doesn't recognize the R505 CD drive, so I had to install iso
images of the CDs in the Windows Me partition, then did the installation from
there.

Now I got it installed, but it doesn't want to run in the graphics mode.  When
I ran Xconfigurator, it choked with:

/usr/sbin/mouseconfig: line 5 unexpected in /ect/sysconfig/mouse

The /etc/sysconfig/mouse looks like this:

MOUSETYPE="ps/2"
XMOUSETYPE="PS/2"
FULLNAME="Generic Mouse (PS/2)"
XEMU3=yes
DEVICE=/dev/mouse

Any idea what I should do?  Anyone has a good XF86Config or XF86Config-4 for
this laptop that I can copy?

Thanks,
Hoa Nguyen

2. Need some help with modem...

3. Sony Vaio C1XN jog dial

4. Sendmail and Popclient

5. Sound On a SONY VAIO PCG-F340 Redhat 6.1

6. BOOTPD Problems. Unknown cause.

7. Linux on a Sony VAIO PCG-XG9 notebook

8. network traffic analysis from snoop data ?

9. Fix APM on Sony Vaio Laptops for 2.5

10. FBSD 4.0 on a Sony Vaio

11. Sony VAIO GR, 1394 port not receiving IRQ

12. Linux installation in SONY VAIO PCG-885.

13. Anyone with experience using Solaris on a Sony VAIO laptop?