European Hardware

Post by Michael Sharp » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

After the launch of new linux based PC's by VA Linux in the US - does anyone
know of a European manufacturer.
I heard Siemans or Amstrad may be entering the market - anyone verify this

1. HARDWARE HARDWARE HARDWARE

I am looking for an ethernet adapter, a SCSI host adapter and a accelerated
video card for my system.  They have to be PCI cards.  I have heard some baad
things about getting linux to work with intels Etherexpress pro/100 cards.  I
would like a card with this cards features and about the same price, but I
need to know that it really works w/linux.  Also can any one tell me anything
about Western Digitals  WD7296 & WD7296F SCSI cards and getting them set up
w/linux.  Last but not least I have no idea what brand video card I should get
 that xfree86 supports for 1600x1280 resolution at 24bpp.  I have heard
somthing about Matrox cards that can handle this and are expandable to 8Meg of
ram.  Any thoughts on the subject? Please let me know.  Also feel to recomend
any other cards you can think of.
thanks
  Kelvin

2. Test for subshells

3. Anybody know how to exclude all European IP address so we don't compete with our European distributor?

4. French Speaking Unix Tru 64 Version 5.1 Adminstrator job available Canada

5. Solaris 9 12/02 and funky [English/European] "thing" at bottom of X11 windows

6. Trident 9440-2 causes X Windows to freeze??

7. European Linux Yearbook

8. Can 'switchdesk' be made to recognize xfce?

9. linux on a toshiba satellite 1905-s277 (european 1900-101)

10. How to Type European Accent Characters in X

11. X stuff on european ftp site ?

12. Microsoft vs The European Commision

13. RedHat 8.0 european locales