APC Backups Pro serial cable?

Post by s.. » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:04:11

Hello, all.

     I've recently acquired an APC BackUPS Pro, without any serial cable,
and currently have it hooked up to my RH 7.3 box.  I'd like to attach it
to the serial port so the UPS can tell the system to shut down if the
power goes out.  Anyone know if the BackUPS Pro requires a special serial
cable for this, or will a normal DB-9 serial cable work just fine?

                              Scott

Post by lmc » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:24:41

> Hello, all.

>      I've recently acquired an APC BackUPS Pro, without any serial cable,
> and currently have it hooked up to my RH 7.3 box.  I'd like to attach it
> to the serial port so the UPS can tell the system to shut down if the
> power goes out.  Anyone know if the BackUPS Pro requires a special serial
> cable for this, or will a normal DB-9 serial cable work just fine?

>                               Scott

You will need a special serial cable. For some good info on UPS see;

http://www.exploits.org/nut/

APC Backups Pro serial cable?

Post by Janek Neuber » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:50:26

Quote:> Hello, all.

>      I've recently acquired an APC BackUPS Pro, without any serial cable,
> and currently have it hooked up to my RH 7.3 box.  I'd like to attach it
> to the serial port so the UPS can tell the system to shut down if the
> power goes out.  Anyone know if the BackUPS Pro requires a special serial
> cable for this, or will a normal DB-9 serial cable work just fine?

>                               Scott

Hello,

download the acpupsd package. Plans of such cables are documented in this
package so you are able to build one or try www.apcc.com.

janek

--
"Macht korrumpiert. Absolute Macht korrumpiert absolut."
  - Stefan Heym -

1. APC Back-UPS 400 and its UNIX cable

I am trying to get the APC Back-UPS 400, and the so-called UNIX
interface cable provided by UPC to work with Linux.  So far, I can get
it to detect utility failure conditions, but it does not seem to want
to trigger the poweroff function when the system halts, no matter what
combo of signal lines I tell it.  Does anyone have any info on this?
Thanks.
--

2. RSCS Emulator for RISC6000

3. Using powerd/backupsd with APC Back-UPS & PowerChute cable

4. sparcprinter error -- postreverse ????

5. APC BackUPS 650 cable

6. HOW to upgrade XFree86 ??

7. APC BackUPS and cable

8. problems with darkstar.frop.org reappearing!!!!

9. powerd with APC Back-UPS Pro?

10. UPS daemon for APC BackUPS Pro 420

11. APC BackUPS Pro, Powerchute Plus and a Solaris 2.6, Sparc 20.

12. APC BackUPS Pro 420 Problems

13. APC Back-UPS Pro 420