Playing movies on the go

Post by Kamus of Kadizha » Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:33:58

Anyone seen those nifty movie players they rent at airports?  It's a
little PDA looking gadget, with a screen ranging from maybe 3" to 5", and
they pre-load a movie for you to watch on the plane.

From what I can tell, it's specifically made to show movies.  I'm
wondering if something similar couldn't be built using a linux PDA of some
sort.

Any ideas?

--Kamus

--
    o__      | May your trails be dim, lonesome, stony, narrow, winding and
    ,>/'_    | only slightly uphill. May the wind bring rain for the slickrock
             | May God's dog serenade your campfire, may the rattlesnake and
    o        | the screech owl amuse your reveries, may the Great Sun dazzle
    >[]      | your eyes by day and the Great Bear watch over you at night.
    /\       |
    \ \      | - Edward Abbey,  Beyond the Wall

Playing movies on the go

Post by RusH » Wed, 21 Apr 2004 01:29:57

Quote:> Anyone seen those nifty movie players they rent at airports?  It's
> a little PDA looking gadget, with a screen ranging from maybe 3"
> to 5", and they pre-load a movie for you to watch on the plane.

> From what I can tell, it's specifically made to show movies.  I'm
> wondering if something similar couldn't be built using a linux PDA
> of some sort.

Zaurus or iPaq, 512mb CF card, mplayer

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH   //
 http://pulse.pdi.net/~rush/qv30/

1. Movies, movies, movies!!!

Spring/Summer 2003 is going to DA BOMB for action/adventure baby!

The Matrix Reloaded
Terminator 3
X-2
The Hulk
Bulletproof Monk
LOTR - The Return of the King

--
rapskat -  23:03:04 up 1 day, 35 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.56, 0.37
Gentoo Base System version 1.4.2.8 kernel 2.5.65 on a Pentium III (Coppermine)

2. rsh date.

3. Playing MPG movies

4. Upgrading Redhat 5.2

5. MP2000 card to play movie under Linux

6. Proftpd + Apache: a question on ftp access configuration

7. konqueror playing shockwave flash movies

8. Centralized passwd administration

9. playing *.avi movies

10. DVD/cd-rw fails to play DVD movies

11. Remote display movie playing