Unable to mount Media Vision 2X SCSI CD Drive.

Unable to mount Media Vision 2X SCSI CD Drive.

Post by Wayne Surgu » Thu, 14 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I have recently installed a Media Vision 2X SCSI drive.  The drive
works just fine under DOS, however Linux on boot nor me from the
shell prompt can mount the drive.  The drive is detected on boot
but when it tries to mount it the message "Disk Change Detected"
is displayed and the drive light stays on.  Eventually the mount
will error out with a timeout.  The drive attached to a Future
Domain TMC-950 SCSI card.  The card worked fine with a Toshiba 3201
drive prior to this.  I have read the all the FAQs and HOWTOs and
have not been able to resolve the problem. The configuration is as
follows:

        486-50dx2
        8 Meg Ram
        Future Domain SCSI adapter
                IRQ 3
                Memory Location 0xca000
        Media Vision 2X SCSI CD Drive (CDR-H93MV)
                Lun 0
                * According to Media Vision this drive is
                  really a SANYO CDR-H93 drive that is SCSI I.

Any suggetions at this point would be welcome.
Thanks.
Wayne

Unable to mount Media Vision 2X SCSI CD Drive.

Post by Christopher T. Jof » Fri, 15 Mar 1996 04:00:00

a.ds.adp.com (Wayne Surguy ) writes:
:>
[...]

I just went thru exactly this scenario( adapted 2840 & PAS16 CD)
I was told buy several, including REDHAT tech support, that the
default kernel can only deal with 1 scsi board.  You must build
a custom kernel to do both.  My MV cdrom was also SCSI 1 and the
2840 would not see it.  I ended up purchaseing a toshiba SCSI2
cdrom (4x - $165) and am now much happier alll-the-way-round.
Better performance, both from the faster rom and faster SCSI bus,
and have no more compatibility probs.  Every other operating
system you might choose should be happier as well.  OS/2 is
quite happy with this.  I have no urge to find out about Win95.

CTJ

1. Media Vision Pro 3D SCSI + CD-ROM?

I'm presently looking for a soundcard, and am considering the Media Vision
Pro 3D.  I see that there is now patch for the NCR 53c406a, and it mentions
support for the Pro 3D.

So, for anyone using that card and driver, any feedback?    I'm especially
interested in anyone using a CD-ROM attached on the SCSI.   Works?  Any
probems?

Thanks!

--

2. Why my Linux can only see 16MB RAM?

3. Installation problem with Media Vision SCSI CD-ROM

4. argosy 10/100 nic supported

5. Media Vision & Sanyo H94S 2x CDROM

6. AIX certification: opinions of practice exams & prep material?

7. Media Vision + Sanyo H94A 2x CDROM

9. Media Vision + Sanyo H94A Cd-ROM

10. Media Vision + Sanyo H94A CD-ROM

11. Media Vision CD-ROM

12. Help with Media Vision card/CD

13. Please help CD-ROM with Media Vision Pro Audio Studio