NEC Printer Won't

Post by Charles Kendrick » Sat, 30 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello linux users,

  My problem is with an NEC SilentWriter 610+.  The printer works fine
under Windows95 (which I also run on my system) but when I boot up Linux
I get no reponse from it.  I carefully went through the Print HowTo
document, and set up my /etc/printcap file.  I can send jobs to the
printer, and the OS seems to thinks that they are being printed.  That is
to say that the jobs go through the print queue.  I am no sure whether I
need some special driver for Linux or what ??
   Any help would be appreciated, and please email responses.

Thanks in advance

--
Charles Kendricks
IS Systems Administrator

1. NEC Printer Won't

Hello linux users,

  My problem is with an NEC SilentWriter 610+.  The printer works fine
under Windows95 (which I also run on my system) but when I boot up Linux
I get no reponse from it.  I carefully went through the Print HowTo
document, and set up my /etc/printcap file.  I can send jobs to the
printer, and the OS seems to thinks that they are being printed.  That is
to say that the jobs go through the print queue.  I am no sure whether I
need some special driver for Linux or what ??
   Any help would be appreciated, and please email responses.

Thanks in advance

--
Charles Kendricks
IS Systems Administrator
International Billing Services
(916) 939-5663

2. Umoria is here.

3. booting win98, winnt, and freebsd

4. Printer won't respond to 'cat testfile > /dev/lp0'

5. PLEASE HELP 3com 3c509b-combo

6. Running LPR printer (old Genicom text shuttle printer) from Win 2K client through Win NT server

7. Does not acknowledge EPP port

8. S3 911/924 & NEC 3D won't even start...

9. sb16/SCSI2 + NEC CDR-510 + Micropolis SCSI disk won't boot

10. NEC ATAPI cdrom won't play audio CD

11. Linux won't install with Nec 3xe (SCSI)

12. ATAPI NEC cdrom won't play audio CD