Program to spin down SCSI drives after inactivity

Program to spin down SCSI drives after inactivity

Post by Mark Arneso » Mon, 09 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I'm running an AHA-2940 and I've got 2 7200 rpm hard drives on the buss.

One is for linux and one for Win95.  Since I use linux 80% of the time,
and I don't mount my other disk for win on linux, I would like to be
able to spin it (and the linux disk) down after a period of inactivity.

If anybody knows of anything, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Arneson
Macon, GA

(remove "remove_this" to reply)

Post by Andrew Hatel » Wed, 11 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> ... I would like to be
> able to spin it (and the linux disk) down after a period of inactivity.

man hdparm

you might find something there, it works OK on my IDE discs.

1. Program to spin-down SCSI disks?

        Does anyone have/know-of a program that will tell scsi disks to
        stop spinning? My Linux system has a couple of drives that are
        almost never used and I'd love to reduce the noise level.

--
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Evan B. Ross            There's Sparks Comin' Outta' My Head!!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

2. Surprisingly high load averages on an NFS server

3. SCSI Drive - Spin down if idle ?

4. Need help partitioning HD with Ontrack Disk Manager

5. Howto spin down SCSI drive

6. Terminal => Linux box question.

7. Spin down SCSI drives

8. Connecting a SyQuest SCSI Drive

9. SCSI errors implying drive is spinning down

10. Tell SCSI drive to spin down?

11. Spinning Down SCSI drives?

12. SCSI hardisk power down at inactivity

13. Program to spin discs up and down?