Anybody know about using the Sony 55E with Linux ???

Anybody know about using the Sony 55E with Linux ???

Post by Delepine Jean Charl » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 00:31:10

[ Article crossposted from alt.cd-rom,comp.multimedia,comp.os.os2.multimedia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.cd-rom ]
[ Author was Scott+Sharon Farquharson ]
[ Posted on Sat, 11 Mar 1995 23:55:32 -0500 (EST) ]

To Whom It May Concern:

I post somewhat regularily the Sony CDU-55E Mini-FAQ and I just came to
realize that I have NO information in the FAQ on using this CDROM with
Linux. If you have any information and would like to it be included in

Information I would like to include about Linux includes:

a) What version of Linux is required?
b) Is a generic or specific CDROM driver needed?
c) Where is the driver located?
d) How do you install the driver?
e) What sorta performance can you get under Linux?

Thanks,

Scott Farquharson

  Jean Charles Delepine          /// D.E.A. Informatique

1. Using Sony CDU-55E with Slackware dist

I'm trying to install a Slackware distribution on my computer
from a CD I got.  When I go through the install procedure, it
does not recognize my CD.  I hate asking such a generic question,
but am missing something?  Are the boot/root disks perhaps not
mounting the CD?

Thanks,

Phil

2. 4.6 + XFree86 4.2.0

3. Slackware install using Sony CDU-55e CDROM?

4. windows client not finding linux apache server page

5. Sony Spressa USB - Anybody using it with linux?

6. Searching for networkdriver

7. Sony CDU-55E - Need boot disk image to load linux from cdrom

8. kernel 2.4 and ADSL

9. linux device driver for sony 55e cdrom?

10. Linux & Sony 55E

11. SONY Int/55e CD-ROM and LINUX???

12. Sony CDU-55E ATAPI CD-ROM hangs under Linux?

13. How can I get my external Sony CDROM 55e to work under Linux 1.2.4?