Help Serial Card Probs

Post by root » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi All

Anyone got a Lynx 8 port Multiport Card Running on their Linux Box?

Anyone fancy mod'ing serial.c to make one work?

The Lynx * Port is documented to be identical to software as the Digiport PC/8
card (Not like PC/X series)

The card configuration in my system is as follows:

         Addr      Irq    SISR
Port 1 - 0x100 -    4       0
Port 2 - 0x108 -    4       1
Port 3 - 0x110 -    4       2
Port 4 - 0x118 -    4       3
Port 5 - 0x120 -    4       4
Port 6 - 0x128 -    4       5
Port 7 - 0x130 -    4       6
Port 8 - 0x138 -    4       7

SISR (Shared Interupt Status Register) is at 0x150 & 0x151 and stays latched
until the event on the said port is cleared down in the normal way.

thanks for your commants in advance,

1. Sound card probs, modem probs. Help im cut off!!!!

Help me :::runs into linux vets:::

Well I need help with me sound card and modem. I have an AudioPCI for a
sound card and it will not work. I do not know if this is due to
changes, if any,  that gateway had the company do to it. The kernel is
compiled for AudioPCI support so I have no idea why it will not work.

My modem for some strang reason will not work on linux right now :( I
think it is due to the jumpers not being configured right on it but I am
not sure. It is a 3com U.S Robotics 56k Data/Fax/Voice v.90/x2 for an
ISA slot. It is not a winmodem :P

Please If any one can help out please do. I really want to make Linux my
prim OS and only use Windows when i have to. These two things are the
only thing keeping me from using linux for more then 2 or 3 hours a day.

Thanks for the help,
James Danilowicz
Linux Newbie :(

2. crunchgen problem

3. SIIG multi-port serial card prob

4. Color-Problem with Informix-4GL 4.16.UC2

5. Install Siig Serial Card Redhat 9 probs

6. which unix

7. devfs + PCI serial card = no extra serial ports (probably uns upported card)

8. ftape timer expired problem

9. devfs + PCI serial card = no extra serial ports (probably unsupported card)

10. Serial Probs -> .97! & Termcap help wanted

11. PLEASE HELP ME! Serial Connection probs

12. devfs + PCI serial card = no extra serial ports

13. Newbie: Help needed with installation. Video card probs