Secure Digital Card Linux support

Post by Andy Collin » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 16:02:15

Does anyone have any information on linux support of Secure Digital cards?
I have a Toshiba 6100 laptop, and I'd like to be able to use the SD card.
Is there any support for this device?  (If not, I am tempted to begin
development on my own driver for it)

Secure Digital Card Linux support

Post by Dances With Crow » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 21:20:19

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 01:02:15 -0600, Andy Collins staggered into the Black
Sun and said:

Quote:> Does anyone have any information on linux support of Secure Digital
> cards?  I have a Toshiba 6100 laptop, and I'd like to be able to use
> the SD card.  Is there any support for this device?

The Zaurus has an SD slot, which is supported just fine (minus any of
the "security" features.)  Apparently, according to

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200206/
msg01032.html

, the kernel module for the SD slot is not Free yet though Sharp claims
to be negotiating release of the source.

How is the SD slot on the Toshiba connected?  Through a PCI-to-PCMCIA
adapter?  Through a USB adapter?  Does a weird device show up when you
do "lspci -v"?  The thing's connection to the motherboard may make a lot
of difference.

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /

1. Digital RoamAbout card support under Linux Alpha?

Is there any support for the Digital Roamabout (like Wavelan) PCMCIA cards
under Linux on Alpha?  Specifically trying to find out if I can use on in
a Multia (to set up a wireless in-home router where I cannot run a wire
cleanly); the other side will be an access point.  Appreciate any pointers
as they are not listed in the (admittedly not new) Linux docs or CDs that
I have available.

Rich Jordan

2. Secure ftp authentication through SafeTP

3. secure digital (SD) card howto ?

4. The real truth about NT

5. Most suitable DVB card for linux kernel 2.6.xx (Digital TV card)

6. only local account holders can print (RedHat 5.2)

7. Guardian Digital Launches Next Generation EnGarde Secure Linux

8. can't get xmcd to get cd info

9. Support of Digital Research video card?

10. AdB MultiWav! digital i/o card support?

11. Supported sound card with digital input (SP/DIF or optical)?

12. XF4.0.1 support for digital video cards?

13. Digital LCD monitor and digital video card