Linux COL & multiport cards

Post by Farma » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have to install a multiport card on Caldera Linux 1.2  (2.0.33) ,
(PC : Siemens Primergy 060 with 64Mb)

the first i tried was Specialix SI with 8 ports, i got driver from
sunsite.unc.edu, installed and compiled the kernel, but booting the
system i got this error:
"Card Ram faild at location 0x0. Wrote 0x0, read 0xfe"
the card was set to 0x0d0000 address

then i tried the equinox SST-4I using the driver on Equinox CD-Rom.
The installation phase it's ok, the ssdiag utility found the card, but
when i try to use a port with some application (ssdiag too) i got
kernel panic.

Is there anyone that was able to install, configure and use one of the
above multiport cards ?

thanks!

Linux COL & multiport cards

Post by Support Dep » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have to install a multiport card on Caldera Linux 1.2  (2.0.33) ,
>(PC : Siemens Primergy 060 with 64Mb)

Cyclades is very dedicated to supporting Linux.  You might want to check out
the multiport cards.

Steve
--
http://www.sellcom.com
Telecommunications and internet networking hardware

1. Linux Col 2.2 and Multiport PCCOM 8 board

PROBLEM:

I hope you'll send me some informations about caldera openlinux 2.2 system.
I can't to assign each door to tty create when I install a multiport PCCOM 8
board, when I use the
setserial /dev/ttyS4 irq 5 port 0x0280 autoconfig the program send me this
message: /dev/ttyS4: no such device, although the devices tty from 4 to 11
are created with makedev command.
Do I need to recompile kernel?
Why doesn't getty command in caldera openlinux 2.2 run correctly with
terminals?
Why do terminals run if I replace it with another getty (getty 2.0.7j)?

I wait for your fast answer.

Thank you.

2. Summary on TAR and CPIO formats....

3. Multiport serial cards VS multiport USB hubs.

4. how to setup printers on Solaris 2.8

5. Multiport cards, ISDN cards and terminal servers for Linux

6. change unix email address?

7. matherboard SOYO 5TX2/X5 with 2 intel 166 proceccors & multiport card Cyclades Cyclom 8Yep

8. Is FreeBSD 4.1 out?

9. Solaris 10 & multiport SATA PCI cards?

10. Multiport cards, RHL 4.2, & pnp modems

11. How to change 1 col. file into multi col. using csh

12. LINUX and Arnet 8 port multiport serial card, supported?

13. Cyclades multiport cards and linux?