How to get Pipeline64 video card to work with X ???

How to get Pipeline64 video card to work with X ???

Post by Arno Verhoeve » Fri, 11 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my system with a new main board and video card
(PCI-bus).
The video card is a Paradise Pipeline64. It has a WD9710 chipset.

With my old vido card (Cirrus Logic chipset) XFree86 worked just fine.
With teh Pipeline64 I can't get it to work properly.
I reinstalled XFree86, ran xf86config but still no luck. I can only get
it to work in generic vga mode.

I looked into the Western Digital README, but also here no clues for the
WD9710 chipset.

Is there anyone out there who can get me on the right track?

/Arno

Ps. Please remove the underscores and the NoSpams from my e-mail address
before sending a reply.

1. How to get Pipeline64 video card to work with X ???

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my system with a new main board and video card
(PCI-bus).
The video card is a Paradise Pipeline64. It has a WD9710 chipset.

With my old vido card (Cirrus Logic chipset) XFree86 worked just fine.
With teh Pipeline64 I can't get it to work properly.
I reinstalled XFree86, ran xf86config but still no luck. I can only get
it to work in generic vga mode.

I looked into the Western Digital README, but also here no clues for the
WD9710 chipset.

Is there anyone out there who can get me on the right track?

/Arno

Ps. Please remove the underscores and the NoSpams from my e-mail address
before sending a reply.

2. lpr & novell printing to HP LJ III

3. Problem getting Xserver to work with Video Card/Monitor

4. how do I update the RPM DB for manually installed packages?

5. How do I use ncurses.h in X?

6. Need help getting video card 2 work in X11

7. concole output

8. Two Video Card Setup with X, Getting X to use certain card

9. Q: two video cards ; dual-headed video ; matrox millenium and hercules ; linux ; work in progress

10. Will X work with the Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM PCI video card?

11. Q: two video cards ; dual-headed video ; matrox millenium and hercules ; linux ; work in progress

12. Getting Compaq 10/100 PC-Card (network card) working?